As a Maryland native, of course I had to do a crab cake recipe! These are perfect as an appetizer… or make them into a meal by serving them over a crisp salad.
- 1 pound (16 oz) of crab meat
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of melted ghee (or melted organic butter)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of mayo (check out our simple homemade mayo recipe)
- 1 tablespoon of Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ cup of almond flour
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce (gluten free version)
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Using a tablespoon, shape crab mixture into egg-shaped balls and transfer to a baking sheet.
Broil crab cake bites for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve right away.
These crab cake bites are delicious on their own, but they are especially scrumptious when you serve them with this Spicy Mayo Dipping Sauce.