This delicious dip recipe makes a generous portions and is great for entertaining.
- 1 medium onion
- 6 cloves of garlic diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Crab meat (16 oz can) - I use claw meat, but any crab meat you prefer
- 8 cups of fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 2 cans (14 oz each) of artichokes, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 cup paleo mayo (homemade or store bought)
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk (only use the cream at the surface, not the liquid)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large pot, sauté onions in olive oil on medium heat until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add artichokes and crab meat, heat for 3 minutes. Then add spinach. Stir and cook until spinach has softened and cooked down a bit.
Next mix in lemon juice, mayo, coconut milk, and all the seasonings. Bring mixture to a boil then transfer to a baking dish. (I use a 9" x 13" glass dish)
Bake in the oven at 350° F for about 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Enjoy with your favorite veggie sticks or chips!
Have leftovers? Check out how this dip can also be used for this amazing easy brunch recipe…